Publication Note: This blog article by XiNeutrino was first published in The Urban Times. It is repeated here because of its relevance to current times here in America. Don’t let lifelines go to waste.
It is global. Anger, deep resentful and destructive anger is circling Earth. We are in a turmoil of economic and cultural change that breeds unrest because of weak, indifferent, self-serving politics that ignore their respective electorates. The fiery reaction is totally unproductive and stands to shove us backwards not forward. Muscle, long an enemy of logic, is halting our evolutionary progress. So, what are these lifelines?
Right now we need to soothe and ease our unrest. Normally some of this would occur as we reach out to each other, but our reaching right now is hostile. So, fortunately, we are not the only life form on this planet. Those other lives can and do provide the release we need, but we must initiate it and be receptive to its intricacies Before I explain, here is a partial litany of lifeline interactions that have personally restored my life many times over..
LITANY OF PERSONAL LIFELINES
- My bond with my cougar friends Charlie and Carolion
- My dance with a three-legged black bear
- My morning meetings with the Reef Squid gang in St. Thomas, USVI
- Cautious discussions on family care with an 11 foot momma Alligator with five youngsters – Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge
- My rescue and release of a wounded Mourning Dove whose relatives visit me in the Spring of every year.